Wednesday, April 13, 2016

CANTICLE TO SAINT RITA









Though your life was filled with pain…
Though your soul was torn apart…
Never once did you complain.
Faithful ever was your heart.

As a child you served God well.
You were always good and kind.
On holy things you did dwell
Within your heart, soul, and mind.

When your parents asked for you
To be a mother and a wife…
You did all they asked of you;
Gave up your will and your life.

When your husband treated you
Most harshly and cruelly.
You served him faithful and true.
Converted him lovingly.

When your sons did seek to kill
The man who slayed your husband.
You placed your trust in God still,
And He in turn stayed their hand.

When your head was pierced into
With a thorn from Our Lord’s Crown.
It increased your fervor true.
Never was your soul let down.

Grant to me a small token,
Through the merits of your heart.
Grant that I be soft spoken.
Please ask God to take my part.

4 comments:

  1. Great work, Senorita! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Please keep me in your prayers that I am able to do so as long as God desire it!

    Sincerely,

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poems are awesome! I shall add this blog to my dashboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started this site because I wanted to have a place to go where all of my favorite poems would be, and could not find such a site. So, I decided to make one. I am glad that you find my poems edifying!

    Keep fighting the good fight and may God bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete