Wednesday, September 30, 2015

DEAR ANGEL EVER AT MY SIDE






















By: Father Faber

Dear angel! Ever at my side,
How loving must thou be,
To leave thy home in Heaven 
To guide a sinful child like me.

Thy beautiful and shinning face,
I see not, though so near;
The sweetness of thy soft low voice
Too deaf am I to hear.

But when, dear Spirit, I kneel down,
Both morn and night to prayer,
Something there is within my heart,
Which tells me thou art there.

Oh! When I pray thou prayest too,
Thy prayer is all for me;
But when I sleep, thou sleepest not,
But watchest patiently.

Then for thy sake, dear Angel, now
More humble will I be;
But I am weak, and when I fall,
O weary not of me.

Then love me, love me, Angel dear!
And I will love thee more;
And help me when my soul is cast
Upon the eternal shore.


No comments:

Post a Comment